Thanks to the PurchasingB2B magazine for providing a recent article called “Bye-bye, busy work!”. The article provides details behind one of our customers experiences with the B2B Connex vendor portal.
You can find the article on the B2B Connex vendor portal here https://www.canadianmanufacturing.com/purchasingb2b/features/strategicsourcing/article.jsp?content=20100603_094906_13976
During the writing of this article, B2B Connex will soon provide new functionality to help extend and support your supplier quality initiatives including the 8D process.
What to look for when researching a supplier portal solution:
1. Remove common barriers of communication like lost emails/phone calls
2. Provide robust reporting and supplier metrics
3. Allow all suppliers to collaborate in a easy to use interface without the need to update supplier infrastructure
4. Provide the ability to negotiate on delivery dates, and price if required
5. Remove processes that don’t add value, such as trading purchase orders
Have you reviewed your purchasing and quality processes? What parts of the process would you like automated?